We Care Children's , Health , Culture , Old Age to Change Lives
Rotary Samaj Seva Kendra
Beginning Era (1943 to 1950)
Rotary Club of Kolhapur was established in 1943. The sponsoring club was the Rotary Club of Solapur. Divan Bahadur N. C. Limaye, the then District Governor presented the Charter to our Club on the 1st of November 1943, at a special dinner meeting. The founder President of our club was Rao Bahadur S. A. Indulkar and founder Secretary was D. V Tengshe. The Club had 60 members at the beginning.
Foundation Era (1950 to 1969)
The Foundation Stone of Community Service was laid in the early 50’s. In the year 1966, under the World Community Service, our club supplied medicines worth Rs. 1,25,000/-to Wilson Memorial Hospital Kodoli, Dist. Kolhapur from Rotary Club of Santa Barbara, U. S. A. During Indo-Pak conflict in Kashmir, our club rendered very valuable welfare service. Club members used to visit the families of deceased soldiers and give them immediate assistance either in the form of cash or kind depending upon their requirements. In the year 1967, when a disastrous earthquake took place at Koynanagar, our club was the first to appeal to Rotary Clubs in India, as well as abroad, to extend generous help for the unfortunate victims.
Serve to Change Lives